Mediterranian Pasta Salad


This Mediterranean Pasta Salad recipe is easy to make and tossed with a yummy lemon-herb vinaigrette.

Now that the weather’s warming up, it’s high time for the season of picnics, grill-outs, and patio parties to begin!  Finally!!

So to celebrate, I thought it was only appropriate to cool off some hot pasta, toss it with a bunch of fresh and zesty ingredients, and toss it in a bowl that’s perfect for passing around the picnic.  That’s right, I made you some pasta salad!

Because if memory serves me right, you all sure seem to love a good pasta salad.  Last time I checked, my favorite 5-Ingredient Pasta Salad was still one of the top recipes on this site (and one of my all-all-all-time favorites).  Not to mention this spring-y Asparagus & Arugula Pasta Salad, or this lightened-up Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad, or this sweet Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad, that you also have seemed to enjoy.  So for something new this year, I thought I’d try a simple Mediterranean twist on the classic pasta salad, chocked full of fresh veggies and olives, sprinkles with plenty of feta, and tossed in a zesty lemon-herb vinaigrette.

And let’s just say, I’m certain you’re going to fall for this one too.

MEDITERRANEAN PASTA SALAD RECIPE 

The ingredients for the salad were pretty straightforward:

lots of fresh cucumber (I went with an English cucumber, so that you don’t have to mess with seeding it)
ripe cherry tomatoes (or you could use sun-dried tomatoes)
thinly- sliced red onion (feel free to soak it in cold water beforehand if you want a less onion-y taste)
feta cheese galore (I used reduced-fat)
your favorite kind of pasta

Then just whip up a simple lemon-herb vinaigrette to give it a fresh and flavorful kick, toss everything together…

Mediterranean Pasta Salad with Greek Vinaigrette

…and this beautiful creation will be yours to enjoy and share.

So cheers to cooling down our pasta, and soaking up these warmer days ahead!  ♥